Mage application

All the information about our recruitment
Pyronus

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello Adult Swim,

I managed to spend two hours writing my application before losing it completely due to not save drafting.
Now I'm upset and unmotivated to do it all over again. Here's my shabby second attempt:

I'm a dutch ga(y)mer going by the name Stefan (pronounced Stave-ahn). In game I'm Pyronus, a mage. I used to raid with a guild called Ascendance on realm Alonsus. This was over 8 years ago. At our peak we were a world top 20 guild, this was mostly during WOTLK and CATA but I also cleared all of Vanilla and TBC.

Here's some more information about my raiding experience and other stuff: https://www.wowhead.com/user=Pyronus (it's old though, go easy on me)
If you want to know more, contact me on Pyronus#2960. If not, so be it.

I realise that this is a half arsed attempt at an application, but I'd rather tell you about myself over a conversation than filling in the whole application form again. Hope you understand.

With kind regards,

Pyro
Juggen

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:34 pm

To quote William Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, Scene III, Line 87; No.

Image Image Image Image Image
snookiwooki
Site Admin

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:36 pm

I think we would need a proper application to consider, as Juggen has said based on what we can see here it's a no.
Pyronus

Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Understandeable, I'll get my shit together and try again soon.
Nyv

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Pyronus wrote:
Classic is all about repetition tho.. how can we consider you serious if doing something twice is allready to much?
Pyronus

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 am

Nyv wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:32 pm
Pyronus wrote:
Classic is all about repetition tho.. how can we consider you serious if doing something twice is allready to much?
Good question,,

To me repetitiveness is fine if it serves a meaningfull goal. Do I think getting into a capable guild with a good community for classic is a meaningfull goal? I sure do. That's why I'm going to write an application again. Maybe not for adult swim, since I obviously blew my chance, but certainly for other guilds. As for the grinding itself, the dullness of it can be migitated by hanging out with a bunch of people on discord or doing something else on the side. Also grinding in WoW usually leads to a goal without suddenly losing the progress you've made, which is what happened here. It's like a save file getting corrupted before the final boss of a game.

Take care and enjoy Classic. You can shut this thread down. Sorry to have wasted your time.