Duo application: Frost Mage DPS & Combat Rogue DPS

All the information about our recruitment
Mogans

Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi,

As discussed with Snookiwooki on Discord I am posting our guild application here. Let us know in case of further queries.

Kind regards

--------------------------------------------

Character Name: Mogans

Class: Human Rogue

Primary spec: Combat

Raid UI screenshot (use imgur): Classic UI

How did you hear about us, and what made you consider applying?:
I saw your post on the Razorgore Blizz forums, and have also met a few people from your guild while playing. Always had a positive impression so decided it would be a good fit.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them? Do you have any references?:
Initially we were playing with a few IRL friends with the idea of starting our own guild; unfortunately some of them quit while levelling which made it impractical for us to form our own guild. We then joined <Flatline>, another guild based on IRL friends, who run semi-guild Pugs. We thoroughly enjoyed the people there, however we think its time we move to a properly rostered guild in order to ensure that we progress in the game, as well as to avoid the random element of having different people in the raid every week.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?:
Please see below:

- Mage (Vanilla, TBC): have cleared all classic content from MC through Naxx. Quit briefly after TBC came out. Played on Boulderfist EU, have also been briefly in the infamous <Wipe Club> guild
- Priest (Vanilla, WotLK): Played a priest alongside the mage in vanilla, came back with him in WotLK where I raided for a fair bit as well
- Paladin (Classic): kept playing a friend's character for a brief period when he couldn't raid. Have done MC-AQ on his holy paladin for 1-2 months

No serious leadership experience.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others.:
I am always attentive and focused during raids, and try to maximize my performance, as well as do research separately on how to do so. As you rightly point out in its essence WoW is not a hard game, so I try my best to perform to the highest standard :)

What secondary specs or alternative characters do you feel you play at a similar level to your main?:
Given my previous experience I believe I can play mage and priest to a fairly good level :) I am also levelling a warlock at the moment, currently lvl 27.

Tell us about yourself. Show us the man/woman behind the character. Impress us, make us laugh. Convince us we want you in our guild. If you don’t take the time to sell yourself, there’s no reason for us to want to take you. We’ve worked hard to make this a great place to raid and demand incoming candidates prove they’re committed to continuing that.:
I am 28-year old, have always been extremely hyped about WoW Classic/Vanilla. I have a 4-year (now finished) career in a pretty stressful job (IBD), so whoever is familiar with the sector knows I can handle grinding and performing to a high standard :)

Gear: https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-planne ... Eyi05CEkeT
Talents: https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc ... 0050150231

Discord: Mogans#7873
Battle.net: MitiCakaWow#2874

Note: I am currently playing swords as I have better damage output, however I would like to switch to daggers when I get the right weapons. I had agreed with my current guild to roll on daggers and switch when I can. Let me know if you would be open to such an arrangement (ofc I won't any claims on sword loot). Also have Mugger's Belt.

--------------------------------------------

Character Name: Beibi

Class: Human Mage

Primary Spec: Frost

Raid UI: Classic UI

How did you hear about us, and what made you consider applying?:
Heard from a friend of mine. He have been looking for a well organised and serious guild to raid with.

Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them? Do you have any references?:
My last guild was Flatline. I joined them shortly after my first MC pug run. It is a small guild around 15 actively raiding people that have been doing MC pugs for some time. At that time the runs were pretty smooth and we killed Ragnaros couple of times. However, in the past two weeks the skills and knowledge of the other pug raiders has drastically dropped, leading to wipes and failures to kill Rag. I chose your guild because it is associated with serious and well organised players. I don’t have any reference due to the fact that I did not know the last GL very well.

Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?:
I have cleared MC several times in Classic as well as Onyxia. I have some raiding experience from Retail after Cataclysm, due to the fact that I was mostly focused on PVP. I don’t have any previous experience when it comes to leading a guild but I have no problem performing tasks that have been appointed to me. During the MC raids with the guild I was responsible for the Healers sheep on Majordomo.

Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others?:
I like to play as efficient as possible, which will lead to faster clearing times - there is no point in wasting time, which could be spent on other WoW related activities.

What secondary specs or alternative characters do you feel you play at a similar level to your main?:
I am considering leveling a druid in the near future if I have the time for it.

Tell us about yourself. Show us the man/woman behind the character. Impress us, make us laugh. Convince us we want you in our guild. If you don’t take the time to sell yourself, there’s no reason for us to want to take you. We’ve worked hard to make this a great place to raid and demand incoming candidates prove they’re committed to continuing that.:
I am 28 years old and working full time job. I have been playing wow on and off since early BC. I have always wanted to relive the “vanilla experience” and when I got the chance I was really hyped about it. I am positive towards criticism and don’t mind people explaining to me what I did wrong and how should it be done.

Gear: https://classic.wowhead.com/gear-planne ... m-ES6AEkJl

Discord: Beibi#4280
Battle.net: owni#21686
snookiwooki
Site Admin

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Thank you both for your apps, the relevant class leaders will contact you for a chat :)
snookiwooki
Site Admin

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 am

I have spoken with the class leaders and we are happy to give you two a trial. As discussed when ready for an invite let me know in game.